Saint Rita’s chapel in Fontenay-aux-Roses near Paris contains several religious, artistic and cultural treasures which we gain to know. For example: the permanent exhibition on the Holy Shroud of Turin.
- Treasuries to be discovered in Saint Rita's Chapel near Paris
- Way of the Cross at Saint Rita's Chapel of Fontenay-aux-Roses near Paris
- Symbolism of the architectural structure of Saint Rita's chapel of Fontenay-aux-Roses near Paris
- STAINED GLASS WINDOWS OF SAINT RITA’S CHAPEL NEAR PARIS
- Symbolism of stained glass windows of Saint Rita's chapel near Paris
- Symbolism of the statues of Saint Rita's chapel near Paris by their author
- Explaining the symbolism of the liturgical furniture of Saint Rita's Chapel near Paris
- Symbolism of bells of Saint Rita's chapel of Fontenay-aux-Roses, near Paris
Permanent exhibition on the Holy Shroud of Turin
Since the Holy Year 2000, there has been a permanent exhibition on the Holy Shroud of Turin explaining with details the surprising characteristics of this fabric unique in the world. Placed in the Crypt of the Saint Rita’s Chapel of Fontenay-aux-Roses near Paris, the exhibition can be visited free of charge by asking at the reception desk of the Residence Universitaire Lanteri. The educational purpose of this exhibition on the Holy Shroud of Turin is to help us understand the extraordinary aspect of this unique shroud.
Beginning of the exhibition on the shroud of Turin
The exhibition on the Holy Shroud helps understand this extraordinary relic given to the Church
What is the shroud ?
The Shroud at the time of Jesus was this piece of material in which they rolled up the deceased body before lying him in the grave.
Life-size picture of the shroud
Thanks to this life-size photographic reproduction, you can see the Shroud of Turin as if you were really there.
Negative picture of the life-size shroud
What is extraordinary about the shroud is that when it is photographed, the negative of the picture reveals in a more distinct manner the body of the man who was laid in it.
Enlargement of the face of the man of the shroud (negative of the image)
This enlargement of the face of the man of the shroud allows us to see better the sufferings of this man. The scientists have been able to certify the existence of human bloodstains on the shroud.
Scientific examination of the shroud
The shroud of Turin was the object of thorough scientific studies. In spite of the number of years, and the fires the object of which it was, the shroud was preserved in a state more than satisfying.